Kinesiology: The word indicates the study of the physiology of movement. For years it was used only to check the state and movement of muscles. In reference to Holistic Kinesiology, we must say that the word “HOLOS” comes from the Greek and that means ALL. In other countries, KH is also called PHYSIOENERGETIK, which combines the concepts of Physio (nature) and energetik (energy science).
Based on this holistic vision, holistic kinesiology works with biochemical, structural, vascular, lymphatic, nervous and emotional mechanisms, both in the diagnosis and in the treatment.
The test methods are on the one hand the different muscle tests according to Dr. Goodheart and Arm Reflex or AR according to Van Assche, both Biofeed-back systems of the body (the body reacts to a given stimulus, giving us information about what happens to it ).
Making history, from the year 65, Dr. Goodheart, based on the work, “Muscles and Functions” of the authors F.P. Kendall and E. Kendall, discovered the principles of applied kinesiology, developing a method to evaluate muscle function.
Dr. Goodheart observed that by massaging the origin and insertion of a muscle where he had found small nodules, the muscle that had always been weak became strong (increased in tone). He saw that in the literature only spoke of contracted muscles and that the treatment of these contractures often did not bring any improvement, instead the toning of the weak muscle (antagonist), led to the relaxation of the contractured muscle.
Later he discovered that there was a relationship between the weak muscle, certain pathologies and their corresponding organ, all connected through the nervous system. These tests allowed him to obtain correct information about imbalances in the physical and energetic body. Dr. Goodheart called it Applied Kinesiology.
In 1980, the Belgian physiotherapist, osteopath and kinesiologist Raphael Van Assche, discovered “Holistic Kinesiology” with ARM REFLEX (AR). “Treating a patient suffering from acute low back pain for a couple of days, compared the tension of her psoas (muscle frequently shortened in these ailments) by raising and pulling the arms firmly above the head and observing the difference in length. So he could verify that one of them was with greater tension. While talking to her and telling her about the problems she had had with a relative, he would perform small tractions on her arms observing how while the patient was speaking, the tension was decreasing. This is how he established the kinesiological test of the Reflex of the Arm or AR (Arm Reflex), seeing how an emotional problem was directly affecting the muscular structure of the patient and of course his back pain.
WHAT IS HOLISTIC KINESIOLOGY?
Holistic Kinesiology is an integral therapeutic method through which, with a quick and simple test, you can know what causes are disturbing the patient’s health. It is a diagnostic method with which to observe the individual as a whole, bearing in mind that a certain problem or physical discomfort may be caused by a confluence of several factors.
HOW IS A SESSION OF KINESIOLOGY?
After having done the clinical history (personal data …), we will do an initial check of regulation. For this, we will use homeopathic witnesses, which, placed in contact with the patient’s body, will resonate with the dysfunctions or pathologies, responding with the shortening of the arms. This is how we will check each system, finding what is most urgent to deal with.
Each therapist who uses Kinesiology will be able to know the causes of a particular problem and which technique is the most suitable for that patient, making this method one of the most specialized forms of diagnosis and treatment available.
Within Holistic Kinesiology therapy, we will first assess the origin of the problem presented by the individual and, secondly, the optimal treatment to solve it as soon as possible. Thus, we can divide the work into 4 large therapeutic groups:
- Structural: evaluating the dysfunctions present in muscles, joints, ligaments, viscera, sutures, fascias.
- Biochemical: evaluating possible nutrient deficiencies or excesses of toxins deposited in the body (connective tissue), food intolerances.
- FOOD INTOLERANCE TEST: through a simple test we can know the compatibility that the individual has to more than 200 foods, being able to be responsible for hormonal, digestive, psychological, immune imbalances, obesity, difficulty to lose weight, fluid retention and pain of origin unknown.
- TEST OF DEFORES: everyone is aware of the importance of a balanced diet for the correct incorporation of all the nutrients necessary for our body. Sometimes this is difficult, due to the accelerated pace of life we lead and the processes of food industrialization, which have improved the amount of food available throughout the year to the detriment of its quality. Therefore, we must be attentive periodically to the deficiencies that our body may present:
- Trace elements
- Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acids
- Digestive enzymes
- Amino acids
- Emotional: assessing imbalances in the psyche that we can help solve with Bach Flowers, Phytotherapy, modulator of the nervous system, assimilation and overcoming techniques.
- Energetic: assessing blockages in meridians of acupuncture, scars, geopathological influences in our resting place, dental foci, affectations of electromagnetic fields in our environment.
We know that the confluence of one or more of these factors causes our health to be disturbed. Therefore, the importance of applying therapies as global as possible, which include not only the symptomatic relief of the ailments but also the origin of them.
- Colon irritable.
- Digestive problems.
- Acute trauma.
- Pains in the jaw (ATM)